Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Akin Gump Selects WPG to Speak at Firm Retreat
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has selected WPG’s Nat Slavin to speak at the firm’s upcoming retreat. On April 29, 2017, Nat Slavin will give a presentation on the topic of “Client Conversations.” This program will be beneficial to a broad-range of attorneys. It presents a proven approach to improving everyday communication skills and provides resources that will encourage them to take action to deliver greater value in client relationships, as well as uncover short-term business development opportunities. The presentation will include:
- Overview of client expectations and how firms differentiate in a competitive environment;
- What clients really value from outside counsel (based on 2,000 client feedback interviews conducted by WPG);
- How these conversations differ from other client visits and interactions;
- Best practices and tips for conducting effective conversations;
- Talking points for attorneys to use when scheduling client and prospect meetings;
- Questions to guide their discussions;
- Strategies for uncovering opportunities and acting on uncovered information; and
- Best practices in follow up activities.
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.