New Orleans, LA
- Shelby is a Senior Consultant for Wicker Park Group specializing in training attorneys in advanced business development and client service skills.
- Shelby teaches business development techniques and tactics in both one-on-one coaching sessions with attorneys, as well as client team training.
- Served as a Senior Instructor for the WJF Institute, training law firm attorneys in client development and retention from 2004-2013 and conducting more than 125 attorney training workshops for over 1,600 attorneys nationally during his time at WJF
- Started his career in private practice 35 years ago, serving as Managing Partner of his firm’s litigation section, but left private practice after being recruited to a series of executive roles
- Served as General Counsel of Texas Commerce Bancshares, Inc., at the time the largest bank holding company in Texas and now JPMorgan Chase Texas, during one of the most tumultuous periods in Texas banking history
- Was Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel of Texas Medical Center in Houston as well as Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel for the State Bar of Texas
- Chaired the Law Practice Management Section of the American Bar Association (1996-1997) as well as the Corporate Counsel Section (2000-2001) and the Futures Committee (1999-2000) of the State Bar of Texas
- Graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law (1976) and prior to that served in the U.S. Navy, including in-country combat duty in Vietnam (1971-1973)
- Is a frequent speaker and author for the Law Practice Management Section and the Business Law Section of the ABA as well as for the University of Texas School of Law and the State Bar of Texas
- Can be frequently spotted fly-fishing in both freshwater and saltwater around the world
[blockquote cite=”Steve Boutwell, Client Services Director/Communications and Media, Kean Miller” align=””]“Shelby Rogers connects with lawyers in a truly meaningful way. As a former consumer of sophisticated legal services, he understands what clients really want and how to deliver it.”[/blockquote]