Summer reading has remained an ingrained habit from school days. At WPG, we are all avid readers and share book recommendations across genres. We read everything from current bestsellers and biographies to cookbooks and of course business books.
Our 2016 summer reading focus at WPG has been on understanding the “client experience,” and we’ve all been reading books on customer experience, journey mapping, client service and customer loyalty to select a gift book for clients. While the style and content of the array of books on our list are very different, the underlying messages are very similar: Companies that incorporate customer listening programs, focus on improving customers’ lives and demonstrate genuine empathy prosper. We started compiling our list from recommendations provided in the CXPA private member forum and other book reviews.
Stay tuned to the blog in coming weeks to find out which book we are sharing with clients, but here are some of our favorites from this summer and summers past:
- Wired to Care: How Companies Prosper When They Create Widespread Empathy by Dev Patnaik
- Chief Customer Officer 2.0: How to Build Your Customer-Driven Growth Engine by Jeanne Bliss
- Tilt: Shifting Your Strategy from Products to Customers by Niraj Dawar
- What’s Your Purple Goldfish?, What’s Your Golden Goldfish? and What’s Your Green Goldfish? by Stan Phelps
- Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone by Mark Goulston
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam Grant
- Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in Business by Danny Meyer
- The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth by Fred Reichheld